Monday, July 2, 2012

Charleston! And Science!

Hey there, sci-guys!


Yes. I have indeed been missing for...several days.
But. That is a thing of the past.
Hehe.


So, I'm in Folly Beach, just outside of Charleston, in my hotel room.
I'd like to point out that I would definitely be in the pool if it weren't for an unfortunate mystery-bug bite on the back of my knee.
Don't judge, it's the size of a golfball.
And it huuuuuurts.


Anyways, updates!
Today we toured the Magnolia Plantation on the mainland.
Oooo. It was fun.
(The swamp was scary, though! In some places the path is level with the water, but there are no fences around it.
And there are alligators in the water.
Also my camera is broken. Ew.
Bonus!
In three days I will visit College of Charleston! Yay.
I am going to get a cream soda!
Also yay.


Now.
Down to business.



Definitely a must-check-out for our current environmental situation:



http://www.fastcoexist.com/1680100/5-simple-ways-to-drastically-reduce-our-plastic-consumption







The U.S. opening statement at the 64th meeting of the International Whaling Commission:



http://iwcoffice.org/sc64docs/Opening%20Statements/_64-OS-USA.pdf







As the heat rises along the west coast, the endangered Leatherback turtles are in grave danger.



http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/07/120701191511.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily%2Fplants_animals%2Fmarine_biology+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Plants+%26+Animals+News+--+Marine+Biology%29




Sorry this post was so short compared to the others, but I have been... very busy.
*whew*
So. I'm not sure when I shall return this week, but rest assured it will be soon.






Science. 





No comments:

Post a Comment